The Ten Rules of REVELA-T
When means and technique are limited, creativity is endless
- We love the analog photography based on chemical procedures that involve the use of a photosensitive material and its development and fixation to obtain the image.
- We do not use any kind of digital sensor to capture the image.
- We are committed in recovering forgotten photosensitive processes.
- We believe in the photography made with calm.
- We do not fear nor the chemical products neither the formulas.
- We are fascinated by the darkroom magic.
- The less electronics, the better.
- We always prefer a photography in a physical medium (paper, film, metal, glass, etc) although we also like digital.
- We give our support to new talents that use this means to create.
- We give our active support to the dissemination of historical photographers.
Revela-T is a photo festival aiming to be a meeting point for lovers of photography and especially for passionates of analogue photography.
The amount of amateurs and professionals enthusiastic with analog photography grows daily. This is why we think necessary to devote few days and a space to share experiences, knowledge, set up contacts with other people, institutions and companies working in the same direction. We want to encourage fans, especially those who see in these procedures another possibility to explore, without being limited by a single system.
We will evade those aspects that are specific of the field of electronics and computers and not of photography, a pitfall inherent to digital technology. We want to promote the knowledge and interest in those other photographic processes in a time that digital technology dominates, a look towards the future for those convinced that there are other ways of doing photography and that deserve to be known and supported.
We will experience, see and discuss about photography but mainly we will live it and feel it. We will enjoy a broad program of exhibitions, lectures, debates, demonstrations, workshops, exhibition and sales stands, will have leading figures at national and international level … and many other surprises! Reveal-T wants to gather together the dreamers, the non-conformists, the tireless, those who are not afraid to try and explore different paths which follow the majority.
This festival will take place in Vilassar de Dalt, near Barcelona. Can Rafart Park will be the main focus of the activities. It is a gorgeous setting with plenty of room for lots of friends. If you practice analog photography or you are interested in photographic alternative techniques to digital, Revela-T is your festival!
19th to 21st June 2015
Vilassar de Dalt, Barcelona